Wednesday, August 27, 2008

PUMA

There are a lot of Democrats in Denver who believe it is more important to have a good president than it is to have a Democratic President. We put America first; party second. And so there is an organization, Party Unity My Ass.In this time of global uncertainity, we need someone with experience and competence. I am voting for McCain. Other Democrats, might not vote rather than vote for someone with little experience into the most important elected job in the country.

Consider what Ann Price Mills has to say.

"I was elected to come here as a delegate for Clinton. I will vote for Clinton. But you ask me about my personal vote in November? Obama has two months. I won't for McCain. But he has to get me there. Experience speaks to me. I ask people all the time. Would you take someone straight out of Harvard, even if they had the education, and put them as the CEO of the company?...But for the first time since I was 18, I may be faced with something I don't want to have to deal with. I have never not voted...but for the first time...Experience counts, I don't care what anybody tells you. And his resume is just (sigh)." - Ann Price Mills, Clinton Delegate to the DNC

Hillary Clinton is doing what she should as a leader in the Democratic Party. But I'm going to have to go with Bill on this one.
Bill Clinton appeared to undermine Sen. Barack Obama again Tuesday.

The former president, speaking in Denver, posed a hypothetical question in which he seemed to suggest that that the Democratic Party was making a mistake in choosing Obama as its presidential nominee.

He said: "Suppose for example you're a voter. And you've got candidate X and candidate Y. Candidate X agrees with you on everything, but you don't think that person can deliver on anything. Candidate Y disagrees with you on half the issues, but you believe that on the other half, the candidate will be able to deliver. For whom would you vote?"

Then, perhaps mindful of how his off-the-cuff remarks might be taken, Clinton added after a pause: "This has nothing to do with what's going on now."

The comments are unlikely to be taken as an innocent mistake by those Democrats who continue to be angry with the former president for, they say, not supporting the Illinois senator wholeheartedly, if not implicitly undercutting him.

The controversial comments came just hours before Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), the former first lady and principal rival to Obama, was due to speak from the convention podium.
I believe Mississippi Democrats have a lot in common with our West Virginia cousins.

West Virginia's registered Democrats, like their cousins in western Pennsylvania and eastern and southern Ohio, are having a hard time fitting anywhere within Barack Obama's vision of the Democratic party. "Obama and his message just do not gel with me," said Mark Lamp as he climbed into his utility truck. Lamp, 47, from neighboring Weirton, is a registered Democrat who voted for Clinton in the May primary. "My first problem with him is taxes, the second is experience," he explained.

"I vote leadership. That is why I voted for Hillary and why I will vote McCain."

Once thought to be a battleground state, all indications are that West Virginia is off Obama's campaign map. Turn on the television today and you won't find any Obama ads running, and he has no trips to the state planned in the immediate future. (Sources within the campaign say they are keeping their eye on the state.)

West Virginia is still home to the Jacksonian Democrats, those descendants of Scots-Irish immigrants who vote God, country, and guns, and have a stronger than average distrust of government. They are white, lower middle-class union members who work hard, play by the rules, have faith in God and a hefty dose of patriotism.

But from the southern coalfields to the northern panhandle (which is really southwestern Pennsylvania, and Catholic Democrat country) you are entering the land that the national Democratic party forgot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

With all due respect, I always vote and I vote for the person not the party. Obama is no Clinton. McCain is no Clinton. But McCain is no Bush. I'm voting for McCain.

Unknown said...

Obama does not possess the experience to be President. Period. It does not matter that is Democrat. It would not matter if he was Republican. Biden is the only good decision he made, and he ran against Biden in the primary to defeat him.